The Boards of ESVCP and ECVCP met today online to discuss how to proceed withe the ESVCP Congress in Vienna given the current global pandemic due to COVID-19. We unanimously agreed that meeting cannot take place as planned . Among the options we discussed, only an online meeting seems to be possible. It will not be possible for any participants to travel to Vienna for the conference, but only remotely and on-line.
This has the following impacts:
- Participants who paid already will get the congress fee back.
- They have to cancel the hotel reservation themselves
- Invited speakers will be informed by email.
- The abstract submission will stay open until the end of April.
- We will keep you posted on the website and on the ESVCP / ASVCP List-serve as soon as we have more informations about the online option. This will require a new registration.
- A survey will be conducted imminently of ESVCP members to confirm that there are sufficient participants for the conference to go ahead.